What NextGen CFO Does
NextGen CFO helps owners of small and mid-sized businesses improve company performance, maximize business value and achieve their goals.
NextGen strategic business advisors are focused on building long-term, 1-on-1 relationships with business owners, chief executives and management teams. Our CFO partners provide strategic business advice plus advanced finance and accounting services, all at much less than the cost of a full-time chief financial officer.
We bridge the gap between the accounting and finance team’s tactical viewpoint and the CEO’s strategic perspective. Our CFOs also serve as coaches and managers, business planners and strategists, advocates and negotiators. We primarily serve clients in North Carolina, including the Piedmont Triad, Charlotte and Triangle areas, though we also have clients in Virginia, other states and Canada.
Schedule a free consultation
- Services NextGen CFO provides include:
- Acting as a trusted business advisor and confidant to business owners
- Functioning as a part-time CFO
- Managing and working with teams on behalf of the owner/CEO
- Improving financial reporting and budgeting
- Projecting and improving cash flow
- Managing and serving as an expert advisor to in-house accounting staff (including controllers)
- Recruiting and hiring finance and accounting staff
- Serving as the missing link between your CPA and your controller, to minimize tax burdens and reduce tax-time hassles
- Developing business plans
- Negotiating with creditors, equity investors, tax agencies and other outside parties
- Managing relationships with banks, insurers and other critical service providers
- Overseeing HR and compliance projects
- Managing implementation of new accounting and IT systems
- Performing due diligence for a variety of sale and purchase transactions (mergers & acquisitions, real estate, buying out investors, etc.)
- Helping owners raise capital for growth
- Assisting with exit strategy and preparing companies for sale
- And much more